Waterside primary school offers a wide variety of pastoral support for pupils who are encountering emotional difficulties.
- Members of staff such as the class teacher, Pastoral leader (Mrs Cleary), the SENCo (Mrs Willis) and the Learning Mentor (Mrs Mason) are available for pupils who wish to discuss issues and concerns.
- Our lunch time club ‘Ripples’ is available to children who need additional support with friendships or who may find lunch times a challenge.
- In the afternoon, our Learning Mentor will run ‘Rainbow’ club to nurture children who have been referred by the class teacher.
Pupils with medical needs:
- If a pupil has a medical need then a detailed Care Plan is compiled with support from the school nurse in consultation with parents and carers. These are discussed with all staff who are involved with the pupil.
- Staff have received epipen training delivered by the school nurse.
- The school has designated first aiders.