Waterside PSFA is a charity run by parent and guardian volunteers. As a parent of a child at Waterside Primary School you are automatically a member of the PSFA and as such you can attend meetings, vote on proposals and make suggestions for spending or raising funds. We welcome new members and fresh ideas, we value your views so please try and attend the meetings if you can.
The PSFA Officers 2016/17 are:
- Ms J Gaskell - Chair
- Mrs P Ahmed - Vice -Chair
- Ms C Arnold - Treasurer
- Mrs S Vaughan- Secretary
What do the PSFA do?
We raise money to spend on improving equipment and resources to enhance our children’s education and the facilities in the school in general. We promote closer links between home and school and we bring staff, parents, pupils and friends together in support of our school.
How can you get involved? There are many ways you can help and support your child through the PSFA. Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Offers of help before, after or at events are so valuable. It doesn’t matter if you can’t help on a regular basis, the PSFA welcome any support it receives.
- You can attend the AGM or meetings to give us ideas for fundraising events.
- If you don’t have the time to help at events then your enthusiasm for what the PSFA are doing is really beneficial so please try to support the events.
- You can volunteer to be a PSFA Class Rep (CR) or a Committee member if you wish, come along to meetings to find out more.
- If you have any contacts or skills we could use then this could be beneficial, please come along to a meeting or contact a member of the PSFA to discuss ways this could be of use.
- Finally, If you have suggestions on what money could be spent on we’d be interested to hear your ideas.
Currently information and news is provided in the following ways:
Information and diary dates sent home via the school newsletters.
PSFA specific newsletters are now more frequent, at least half termly.
We have these PSFA web pages on the school website, these are updated daily to reflect any new information & news the PSFA have.
There is also a contact page on the PSFA web pages with links to contact the committee directly for queries, suggestions or offers of help.
PSFA noticeboard in the office foyer which often carry sign-up sheets for volunteers to help at forthcoming events.
School text messaging service & emails offer reminders.
Posters in classroom windows and around the school grounds.
WE REALLY DO NEED YOUR SUPPORT!