We are approaching that time of year when adverse weather conditions can lead to the closure of the school. I would like to reassure you that we do always endeavour to keep the school open and decisions to close are only taken after I have had discussion and consultation with the Governors and site supervisor and some head teachers of our neighbouring schools. As always, in any decision, the safety of our children, parents and staff will be paramount. We also have to take account of driving conditions, distances and routes travelled by all staff and the state of pavements and roads around the school for families to access.
As a parent myself, I know how difficult and frustrating it can be when arrangements have to be altered at short notice. However, I am sure that you will appreciate that conditions can change very quickly. Please rest assured that we do try and will continue to try to make decisions to close school as early as we possibly can.
For your information, the normal procedure for closure is as follows:
As soon as a decision to close the school has been made,
A text will be sent to parents.
The school website will be updated.
The Council will be notified who in turn should update their website.
Local radio stations will be notified including Radio Stoke and Signal one
The assumption should be that if you have not heard anything, the school is open.